Multi-Family Housing Project Architect 8 - 14+ years
We are currently seeking a Project Architect for our multi-family projects with 8-14+ years of experience. Ideal candidates will be collaborative and aspirational, have both design and technical skills, and be committed to the endeavor of sustainable design practices and quality design and construction.
- Develop plan and design concepts in support of design direction
- Oversee a small architectural team and mentor junior staff
- Manage and coordinate with all project consultants and contractors
- Prepare and coordinate all project documentation through all design phases
- Prepare and manage BIM model
- Conduct and coordinate code review and analysis with technical oversight
- Lead client and contractor coordination meetings in all phases
- Lead the project through the permitting process
- NAAB-accredited degree in Architecture
- 8+ years of experience in the professional practice of architecture
- Professional experience in multi-family and/or hospitality in all phases of design and construction
- Familiarity with current building and accessibility codes for multifamily
- Fluency in Revit
- Experience shepherding documents through the permitting process
- Strong visual and spoken presentation skills - fluency in Adobe InDesign
- Experience in planning and zoning, and design review processes
- Strong 3D and rendering abilities – fluency in Sketchup, Rhino, Enscape
- Sustainable design credential(s) such as LEED, WELL, LFA
- Project experience with mass timber construction
- Registered Architect in Oregon
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Critical Race Theory or other anti-racist / equity frameworks
- Familiarity with various contract delivery methods
Who is Hacker?
Hacker is an architecture and interior design studio headquartered in Portland, Oregon with an additional office in Bend. We are united by a desire to create spaces that enrich the world – spaces that make us feel more connected to the landscape, each other, and ourselves. Our devotion to craft and 40-year history of environmentally progressive design, our expressive use of materials and natural light – above all, our reputation for seeking clarity and meaning in every aspect of the work – has earned us international, national, and regional design awards, top prizes in national design competitions, and publication internationally. Want to learn more? Check out our website: hackerarchitects.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion social equity and mentorship. We value diversity, are active in our community, and seek to be a workplace where diverse voices are represented and heard. Hacker is a Just Organization and is actively working on issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; corporate social responsibility; and combating climate change. We look for employees who are interested in joining us in this important and challenging work.
Why Work at Hacker?
- We offer competitive salary and generous benefits including paid family and medical leave; 401k with socially responsible investment options and employer contributions; company paid volunteer time; continuing education stipends;100% medical, dental & vision, company paid disability insurance and life insurance; and FSA/HSA, and PTO, 3 weeks in the first 3 years.
- We promote a work life balance and are sensitive to family and medical needs
- As a firm our drivers are climate justice and design justice.
- We focus on community architecture – libraries, academic, civic, cultural, and private commercial projects.
- We work with companies that align with our values and whom we believe can make a positive difference in the industry and beyond.
To apply, please use the following link: https://hacker-architects.hiringthing.com/
Application Instructions: Once you click "Apply for this position," you will be asked to answer a few brief essay questions and to upload your materials. Please submit a single PDF (20MB max) that includes your cover letter, resume, and portfolio / work samples.