Project Manager 8 - 14 years
We are currently seeking highly qualified and experienced Mid-Level Project Managers to join our creative teams. Individuals should demonstrate well-rounded experience including excellent management, design, and communication skills, and technical proficiency in project process and documentation. In this position the Project Manager may be asked to lead multiple interior and/or small architectural projects and projects teams, which may vary in type from hospitality and residential, to workplace and institutional tenant improvements. This position may also work within larger teams, depending on skill and work load. Candidates should be a licensed architect and have minimum 8 years of relevant experience.
- NAAB-accredited degree in Architecture (or similar program)
- Registered Architect in Oregon (If registered in another state, willingness to register in Oregon)
- Experience managing a variety of project types, and ability to lead and manage multiple small projects and teams.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan complex schedules
- Ability to effectively manage multiple consultants and team members
- Ability to manage teams within set fees
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to manage complex scopes of work with minimal oversight and to distill information into clear goals and objectives
- Experience with jurisdictional reviews and processes
- Ability to build relationships and support business development efforts of the firm
- Ability to apply design thinking in support of design direction
- Sustainable design credential(s) such as LEED, WELL, LFA
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Critical Race Theory or other anti-racist / equity frameworks
- Familiarity with various contract delivery methods
- Relationships with higher education, library, and/or other institutional clients
- Experience in fee and contract negotiations
- Ability to communicate with and present information to a variety of client, team, and community audiences
- Experience managing institutional projects for higher education and/or other public clients
- Experience using Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and planning software such as Deltek
Who is Hacker?
Hacker is an architecture and interior design studio headquartered in Portland, Oregon with an additional office in Bend. We are united by a desire to create spaces that enrich the world – spaces that make us feel more connected to the landscape, each other, and ourselves. Our devotion to craft and 40-year history of environmentally progressive design, our expressive use of materials and natural light – above all, our reputation for seeking clarity and meaning in every aspect of the work – has earned us international, national, and regional design awards, top prizes in national design competitions, and publication internationally. Want to learn more? Check out our website: hackerarchitects.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion social equity and mentorship. We value diversity, are active in our community, and seek to be a workplace where diverse voices are represented and heard. Hacker is a Just Organization and is actively working on issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; corporate social responsibility; and combating climate change. We look for employees who are interested in joining us in this important and challenging work.
Why Work at Hacker?
- We offer competitive salary and generous benefits including paid family and medical leave; 401k with socially responsible investment options and employer contributions; company paid volunteer time; continuing education stipends;100% medical, dental & vision, company paid disability insurance and life insurance; and FSA/HSA, and PTO, 3 weeks in the first 3 years.
- We promote a work life balance and are sensitive to family and medical needs
- As a firm our drivers are climate justice and design justice.
- We focus on community architecture – libraries, academic, civic, cultural, and private commercial projects.
- We work with companies that align with our values and whom we believe can make a positive difference in the industry and beyond.
To apply, please use the following link: https://hacker-architects.hiringthing.com/
Application Instructions: Once you click "Apply for this position," you will be asked to answer a few brief essay questions and to upload your materials. Please submit a single PDF (20MB max) that includes your cover letter, resume, and portfolio / work samples.