Project Architect 8 - 14+ years
We are currently seeking a Project Architect with 8-14+ years of experience to join our creative teams. Ideal candidates will be collaborative and aspirational, have both design and technical skills, and be committed to the endeavor of sustainable design practices and quality design and construction.
- NAAB-accredited degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect in Oregon (If registered in another state, willingness to register in Oregon)
- Fluency in SketchUp, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong rendering and drawing skills
- Ability to apply design thinking in support of design direction
- Comfortable communicating with and managing multiple consultants and team members, and synthesizing input from the team
- Experience managing and mentoring junior staff
- Ability to document complex scopes of work with minimal oversight
- Experience shepherding documents through the permitting process
- Sustainable design credential(s) such as LEED, WELL, LFA
- Knowledge of mass timber construction
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about, Critical Race Theory or other anti-racist / equity frameworks
- Relationships with higher education, library, and/or other institutional clients
- Familiarity with various contract delivery methods
Who is Hacker?
Hacker is an architecture and interior design studio headquartered in Portland, Oregon with an additional office in Bend. We are united by a desire to create spaces that enrich the world – spaces that make us feel more connected to the landscape, each other, and ourselves. Our devotion to craft and 40-year history of environmentally progressive design, our expressive use of materials and natural light – above all, our reputation for seeking clarity and meaning in every aspect of the work – has earned us international, national, and regional design awards, top prizes in national design competitions, and publication internationally. Want to learn more? Check out our website: hackerarchitects.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and champion social equity and mentorship. We value diversity, are active in our community, and seek to be a workplace where diverse voices are represented and heard. Hacker is a Just Organization and is actively working on issues such as diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace; corporate social responsibility; and combating climate change. We look for employees who are interested in joining us in this important and challenging work.
Why Work at Hacker?
- We offer competitive salary and generous benefits including paid family and medical leave; 401k with socially responsible investment options and employer contributions; company paid volunteer time; continuing education stipends;100% medical, dental & vision, company paid disability insurance and life insurance; and FSA/HSA, and PTO, 3 weeks in the first 3 years.
- We promote a work life balance and are sensitive to family and medical needs
- As a firm our drivers are climate justice and design justice.
- We focus on community architecture – libraries, academic, civic, cultural, and private commercial projects.
- We work with companies that align with our values and whom we believe can make a positive difference in the industry and beyond.
To apply, please use the following link: https://hacker-architects.hiringthing.com/
Application Instructions: Once you click "Apply for this position," you will be asked to answer a few brief essay questions and to upload your materials. Please submit a single PDF (20MB max) that includes your cover letter, resume, and portfolio / work samples.